The collection consists of two large units, ie the postal stamps of Rijeka from 1918 to 1924 and from the marks of the Military Administration of the Yugoslav Army for Rijeka and Istria from 1945 to 1947. In digital form it is possible to look at the brands of the first group.
After taking over the government in Rijeka, the Italian National Council sought to legitimize its rule by adopting a series of laws and decrees. Thus it was instructed that by December 2, 1918, he would withdraw the remaining Hungarian marks (the Zvedars, Parliament, For War Aid, Karlo, Zita, Express and Port of Serbia) and begin printing new ones. Due to the shortness of time and the development of the political situation, it was accepted that the existing brands, from the stock of Rijeka Post, make overprint with the name Rijeka – Rijeka. The first suits were made in a small newspaper printing company Adolf Kirchofer & Co. With two types of machine, six different types of manual overprint are registered, and the differences are visible in size, shape and thickness (I – VI type). The larger the quantity of the Fiumicas (for the franking of the recommended letters in the local traffic) of 6 and 20 filaments was stolen from the repository, and the remaining brands of this type were reprinted with the addition of Franco.
The first stamps with the motifs of Rijeka were released on January 30, 1919. It is about so-called. allegorical series (City Tower, Port of Rijeka, Monument Garibaldi in Milan, Female Likewise), which inspired the idea of joining the Kingdom of the Kingdom of Italy. In May of the same year, a new series of marks was released for sale, printed in memory of the Plebiscite on October 30, 1918, and the establishment of the Study Fund for the purpose of collecting money to help educate gifted students of the poorest state.
During D’Annunzi’s stay in the city, a large amount of unmarked stamps from the allegorical series Fiume and Posta Fiume were stamped with the inscription Franco and marked with a new value.